In this walk through we will perform the following:
Note: The actual nginx configuration will not be covered here.
- Deploy the nginx Docker container (vr-ngx-01)
- Mount the following folders and file:
- it’s assumed your sites .conf file is in this director
- it’s assumed your SSL certs live here and are properly referenced in your /etc/nginx/conf.d/your.site.conf
- it’s assumed SSL is configured and includes conf.d/*.conf
- Link vr-ngx-01 to the Home-Assistant container (vr-hass-01)
- Fire up the container and verify connectivity over a secured connection
- Remove local port mapping for vr-hass-01
1. Deploy the container
2. Mount the local folders & file
3. Link vr-ngx-01 to vr-hass-01
4. Verify site loads
Browse to https://YOUR-SYNOLOGY-NAME:4443
Note: to make this appear at https://www.virtualrick.com you can configure your router/firewall for port forwarding. Example: external TCP 443 forwards to internal TCP 4443.
5. Remove local port mapping for vr-hass-01
Now that the nginx container is linked to the home-assistant container, there is no need for the home-assistant service port (8123) to be available directly.
Make sure the home-assistant container is turned off, then edit the container and remove the local port configuration.